|There's no stopping an Oak Tree determined to take out a Chiminea|
UPDATE: Benefit for family of local Montauk woman washed away by storm.
Saw bucket-truck repair crews from North Houston, TX working on downed power lines around here today. Beep and wave at an-out-town crew near you.
Suggested Non-Electrical Activities
1. Meet and help neighbors. Check on friends. Offer water if needed.
2. Repair (missing springs) and tune (using a wrench) an Auto-harp. Scary.
3. Read. Don't lose reading glasses.
4. Early to bed, early to rise.
5. Drive around town, listen to radio, look at damage. Say "wow" often.
6. Cut wood. Lots of it. Stack it. Keep the chain oil flowing.
7. Go look at the boats, beaches, woods. Watch for downed wires.
8. Play an acoustic instrument. Write about the hurricane, but not obviously.
9. Find repair crew that traveled from far away. Thank them.
10. Get hand-cranked radio you where always thinking of buying.
11. Eat all the food. Then clean the 'fridge.
12. Cook up ideas for local disaster relief benefits. Attend existing ones.